Saturday, January 26, 2013

I'll be (I WAS) home for Christmas.

I went home for Christmas, and if I didn't have the pictures to prove it, I'm not sure that I'd believe that I did.  And in the weeks (and then days) leading up to my anticipated departure, I wasn't sure that it would happen at all (this is what happens when you work for a developing, post-Soviet government who sends you vacation tickets five days before you're supposed to leave, but I digress...).  However, I did go home, and it was wonderful.  Looking back I can now even forget the 100+ hours of transit I endured to get there and back, the fact that I was sick the majority of the time, and the misery that was grad school applications.  What I remember is that I was with the people I love and who know me and love me back.  Even though Georgia has become like a "home" for now, it will never be Starkville and it will never be Memphis, and I am grateful for that. And as much as I enjoy being Liza/Lizi, it was so nice to just be Elizabeth (or Lib/ET) for a little while.

The Cruise Fam.
The Extended Fam.
My sweet Memphis roomies.
The annual Christmas Day festivities with the Hayes.
Ralph. Fred. Walter.
Besties from birth.
My fam.

2 comments:

  1. LIb, so GREAT to hang out with you over Christmas. We are so very proud of you....just simply who you are, who God has made you to be. We love you...
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too! I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

      Delete