Friday, April 12, 2013

Detourism.


I went through Transdneistria, and all I got were these Transdneistrian rubles.  

This might be disappointing if I wasn't the girl who jumped out of the bus when stopped for a bathroom break to exchange her last Moldovan lei just so she could know what they looked like or if I wasn't the girl who got overly excited because she filled out a migration card for a country that does not officially exist.  This might be disappointing if I wasn't the girl who has a maybe-not-so-secret ambition to visit all the post-Soviet frozen conflict areas because she just can't help herself or if I wasn't the girl who relishes in the fact that she now has no exit stamp from Moldova in her passport giving the illusion that she is still there.  

But I am THAT girl, therefore nothing about a detour through Transdneistria could ever be disappointing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment