Thursday, June 9, 2011

до свидания, питер (but only for a little while).

This morning I had to say bye to the city I've grown to love so much.  Of course it was really tough, by I keep reminding myself that I get to go back for a few days at the end of July (слава богу!).  I really don't have the words to express my feelings about St. Pete and the wonderful people that have been a part of my life for the past four and a half months.  I think a part of me will always be there.  Russia has a way of working itself into your soul, and for better or for worse she changes you, breaks you, and makes you stronger and more aware.  I know that I will never be able to do justice to Russia with my words, but I'll keep fumbling along.  I'm so grateful for the amazing kids that have trudged through this semester with me.  Even though no one at home will ever be able to understand my experience fully, I'm lucky to have friends that understand without having to utter a word.  So off to Belarus and to new adventures I go.  I'll only be gone a little while, Питер, but until then: до свидания, город мой.  Спасибо за все.  я тебя люблю и буду скучать по тебе очень.  Но я вернусь и скоро.    Лиза

No comments:

Post a Comment