Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Did I mention that I am eating a lot in Belarus?

This is the love-hate relationship that I have with Belarus: the food.  Love because everything is so tasty, so fresh and all homemade.  Hate because as a guest I am forced to eat abnormally large amounts of food...ALL DAY LONG, while my hostesses nibble at the lesser portions on their plates.  I have attempted many strategies to circumvent this fate but there is no winning.  If you try to eat less or slowly they insist that you are shy and put more food on your plate.  If you try to show them that you actually are eating enough, they insist that you really like it and therefore put more food on your plate.  There's just no getting around it.  I love trying new things and enjoying my food, but good gosh, Belarus, you are too much for me.  As great as this food is, I'll be happy to come back to the US and eat normal amounts of food at my own will. :) 







































And did I also mention that I like taking pictures of my food?

No comments:

Post a Comment